Easy and Difficult Ways in Solving Sudoku
Sudoku is an addicting number puzzle game that is played in all parts of the world. It is a very thrilling and exciting game. However, the Sudoku can be very difficult and tricky.
The rule for this game is to place all the numbers from 1 to 9 in each cell in the grid. The limitation is that the numbers should not be repeated in each row, column and 3 x 3 block.
Now, how will you start solving the Sudoku? The following are steps from easy to difficult Sudoku, which can be very helpful to each player of the game.
• Easy Sudoku
1. You should use careful thought in solving the puzzle. Since you already know that duplication of the numbers is not allowed in the game, you can already use that as a hint to consider other numbers. Remember, the more difficult the Sudoku, the harder it is to start the puzzle.
2. In solving an easy Sudoku, you must first prioritize the search for possibilities. These possibilities are the numbers that are possible to be placed in the row, column or block. Therefore, if you know what the possible numbers are, it would be easier for you to choose which number is suitable to go there.
3. Start working from number 1 until you are already on your way to number 9. Since you already placed in some of the numbers, this must be your clue in searching for the other numbers.
4. If you get confused, you can always go back and be sure to look at each number you have already filled in. This will help you know if you have missed a number or not. Once everything is settled, you can continue the puzzle and complete it. Now, if you still cannot find what the problem is, start labeling each 3 x 3 box with every number that can possibly fill in the box. For instance, there is an empty box left. Fill the box with possible numbers and see the result.
5. It would be advisable to begin playing a Sudoku in a newspaper or magazine. There are newspapers or magazines, which have this puzzle in their pages. The easy puzzles are usually out during Monday and Tuesday. While the difficult ones are found on the following days.
• Hard Sudoku
1. Begin using the number 1. Use similar logic you used in the easy puzzle to complete each empty row, column and block with all the possible numbers. If necessary, put possibilities. The possibilities will help you at the latter part if you have two or three choices for each box but you cannot remember them.
2. Two cells in a block, row or column should be one of two numbers, you can use those to remove other possibilities. For instance, in a 3 x 3 block, there are four empty cells. From your analysis, you have established that: cell A and B can be 1, 2, 3, 4; cell C and D can be 3 or 4. From this, you will know that cell A and B can never be 3 or 4 since they already have 1 or 2. Cell C and D have to be either of 3 or 4. This information can be very helpful in completing other boxes.
3. Know that hard Sudoku can consume more time. A hard Sudoku can even take a few days to finish, but they can give players more fun, enjoyment and contentment after they have completed the puzzle. A hard Sudoku is just the same as the easy Sudoku – both will give you less clue to begin with. The best way of solving the hard Sudoku is when you already know the possible numbers that can go in each box. If you have two candidate numbers for a specific row, column and 3 x 3 blocks, decide which of the two numbers should fill each location. This may be very confusing, but when you have applied it, you will realize that it is so simple and very useful.
4. Visit the internet. There are websites that provide Sudoku puzzles – from easy to hard. Practice on some the sample puzzles to prepare you to a more complicated Sudoku.
Follow the steps in solving the Sudoku. And find out that no matter how difficult they may seem to be, in the end, the fun and excitement that you will feel is incomparable.